Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stacy's Chicken Salad



Good morning everyone,

I am sitting here watching Food Network while waiting on my next group to arrive. It's always fun planning the groups menu for the weekend. This is how my creativity comes through!

For today I thought I would share a family favorite.

Stacy's Chicken Salad

3 cans cooked chicken, drained and shredded (I like the Sam's Members Choice the best- it's less salty than others)
1 large can of pineapple crushed and drained
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
about 3 TB real mayonaise, more depending on taste (I use Hellman's)
1 tsp of kosher salt

Mix together and serve with croissants (again, I like Sam's croissants or Panera Breads the best/ no one comes close to either one and trust me I have eaten several)!

Now~ You can use any type of chicken- boiled, roasted, smoked, etc. I like the texture and the flavor with the canned chicken. Plus this makes a quick easy dish.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

The finer consistency of this salad makes it so much easier to put evenly on a sandwich not to mention the fact that it tastes so good. Thanks for the recipe, Stacy!